The Clear, Focused Book Writer Coaching Program
The Clear, Focused Book Writer is two programs in one so you can finish a draft of your book and then shape it into a meaningful, heartfelt story:
Part I, The Exploratory Draft: Get Your Book Out of Your Head and Onto Paper
Sometimes, all the things you don't know about your book — whether you know enough of the plot, how to use an outline, or how it will all come together — get tangled up in the sheer size of what you want to do. How do you keep track of the storyline and what you've written? How do you write a full first draft instead of getting stuck part way through?
Part I of the Clear, Focused Book Writer program is designed to help you feel organized and clear in thought so you can finish what you start.
When you make sense of all your ideas and get them onto paper in a productive and consistent way, you'll be surprised by how quickly you can write the first draft of your book. Instead of worrying about how to do it, you'll use the writing to get to know your story and your characters in a whole new way.
I will help you:
- Get clear on what you know about your book so you can figure out how and where to begin
- Create a roadmap for writing your book so you never have to wonder where you are or what to do next
- Work through the unknowns so you won't get stuck in the middle or abandon your book part way through
As part of the program, you'll receive:
- My original Clear, Focused Writer Guide, an inspiring and easy-to-use workbook
- A Book Writer's Strategy session to set goals and get started on the right foot
- Five one-on-one coaching sessions to address any writing questions or sticking points that arise
- Email support throughout the program so you're never alone on the writing journey
You’ll have the bones of your story down on paper. You’ll also have a clearer idea of what you want to do with your book, and know your story in a more intimate, detailed way. Most importantly? You'll feel like an author!
Part II, The Manuscript: Creating a Heartfelt Book
There's nothing more thrilling than seeing a stack of pages — the draft of a book — and knowing that you wrote it. And yet the task of shaping it into a compelling and engaging manuscript can send your inner critic on a rampage. "Where will you start?" it will demand. "You can't revise a whole book. You'll get lost in the details!" You don't need to feel overwhelmed.
When you approach revisions with a sense of discovery, they can be the best part about writing a book.
In the second part of the Clear, Focused, Book Writer, you'll re-enter the writing in a way that feels inspiring and fun. You'll use the knowledge you gained from writing the first draft to make meaningful, effective revisions and shape the story so it will resonate with readers. Plus, you'll have the guidance you need to write with regularity and consistency and make sure the story is coming across the way you want it to.
In this six-month phase of the program, we will:
- Strategize what kinds of changes you want to make and how to get started in a way that feels focused and clear
- Make sure you stay on track and continue to have fun with revisions
- Ensure that you're saying what you mean to say and the heart of the story is coming across
In this part of the program, you'll receive:
- A Book Writer's Strategy Session to set goals and create a roadmap for moving forward
- 5 incremental readings of your manuscript with written comments and real-time reading reactions on the manuscript
- Five one-on-on one coaching sessions
- Email support throughout the program
When you work with me to create a heartfelt manuscript, you will make focused, regular progress on your book and shape it into a story that connects with readers in an authentic and meaningful way.
When you sign up for the Clear, Focused Book Writer program, you can sign up for the entire program or opt for Part I or II depending on where you are in your book writing journey. If you'd like to learn more or talk about whether the program is right for you, just sign up for a DISCOVERY SESSION. We'll get to know each other and talk about your writing goals so you can create some clear next steps and determine whether the Clear, Focused Book Writer program will help you complete your book.