The Confident Writer Coaching Program
Are you ready to stop questioning and start writing?
Sometimes, the weight of everything you don't know—what to write next, how a piece will come together, if it will be any good—can make writing hard. Hard to show up. Hard to know if you're on the right track. Hard to move as quickly as you'd like, and hard to know if you should pursue this writing thing or do something else. Something that comes with less risk and more guarantees.
What if you could feel good about writing and trust that you're headed in the right direction?
You can. In this six-week coaching program, you'll learn to trust your writer's eye and write an essay or short story that is meaningful for you and your reader. You'll do it by acquiring the tools and mindsets you need to feel confident, have fun, and keep writing whether you know what happens next or not. Best of all, you'll discover that the act of writing itself is the best way to uncover and shape a story.
Over the course of the Confident Writer Program, you will:
- Take a new piece through its full life cycle, from idea through revision, so you can see the quality of your work grow over time
- Learn what makes a story and how readers read so you can identify the storyline in your own work and bring it to the surface
- Receive thoughtful, respectful feedback from an experienced coach so you can feel good about what you've accomplished and feel inspired to keep going
When you work with me, you will feel good about writing, trust that you're on the right path, and put all those questions and unknowns to rest. You'll finally see the unlimited potential of writing!
When you sign up for the Confident Writer program you'll receive:
- A Writer's Foundation Session. We'll talk one-on-one about your writing background, your biggest questions, and tailor the program to your goals
- Feedback to your new piece twice, including: written comments to help you understand how your story is coming across, what's working well, and ideas to make it clearer; and comments on your manuscript so you can see my real-time reactions to reading. I specialize in helping you see the good in your writing and make it even stronger
- Two one-on-one coaching sessions to discuss your story, and any sticking points or questions about writing that arise. These sessions are designed to bring a sense of freedom and fun to your writing. Because if it's not fun, why do it?
- Email support between sessions so that you're never on your own when it comes to deciding what to do next
I specialize in understanding what a piece is about and helping you say what you mean to say. When we work together, you'll see your work grow and feel a new sense of accomplishment and inspiration. I would love to help you write touching, thoughtful pieces so you can connect with readers in an authentic way. The best way to get in touch with me is a free DISCOVERY SESSION, a chance to talk one on one about your goals, identify some clear next steps, and talk about whether a WritingStrides coaching program is right for you. I look forward to hearing from you!